Holiday Hotel Alber Alpenhotel ****
At a glance
Location and facilitiesThe traditional 4-star Alpenhotel Alber is situated in the centre of Mallnitz. The ski bus to the nearest ski area Ankogel (approx. 2 km) stops only approx. 50 m away. The family-run hotel comprises 3 buildings and offers a lobby with reception and free Wi-Fi, lift, cosy dining rooms, restaurant, a lounge with an open fire place, a library, a common room with TV, as well as a ski and ski boot room. Furthermore the guests can make use of the fitness room and the spacious 180 m² spa area with herbal sauna, Finnish sauna, steam room and jacuzzi (in the main building Hotel Alber). The solarium and beauty centre with cosmetic treatments, baths and massages are also available (payable locally). Once a week a piano night is offered for entertainment. Further guests can also take part in the adult entertainment programme with e.g. curling, tobogganing, and horse-drawn sleigh rides (payable locally). Children from 3 years can take part in the child entertainment programme (8 hours per day). Free parking spaces are also available.
RoomsThe cosy rooms all have a bath or shower/wc, satellite TV, Wi-Fi (incl.), and telephone. Accomodation may take place in either the main building or in Haus Sporthalm.
BoardThe included half-board consists of a welcome drink, breakfast buffet with an organic food corner, a 4-course evening meal with choice and salad buffet. Once a week there is also a cake buffet, ice cream buffet, starter and specialities buffet, 5-o'clock-tea with cake, as well as a gala dinner "Zauberflöte" or a jazz dinner. The Christmas and New Year's Eve dinner is also included in the price. All meals are taken in the main building Hotel Alber.
- Pets welcome (€5 per day, excl. food)
- Access to the spa area is only permitted to youngsters from 14 years and only if accompanied by an adult.
- The rooms are located in either the main building or in Haus Sportalm.
- When booking rooms with multiple or additional beds, there is no claim to the additional beds
Available in resort (for free)
- Use of spa area (as per description)
- Use of fitness room
- Welcome drink
- Christmas and New Year's Eve menu
- Child care service (as per description)
- Children's bed
- Parking spaces (upon availability)
Payable in resort
- Tourist tax: approx. € 3,10 per person/night
- Keycard: €5
Available in resort (optional)
- Cosmetic treatments
- Beauty centre
- Tobogganing, curling, horse-drawn sleigh rides
- All persons in the Double room, shower/wc, HB receive the following reduction:
- until (incl.) 5 years 45%
- 6-18 years 25%
- When accommodating 2 persons paying the full holiday price in a Double room/addl. bed, shower/wc, HB, further holiday participants receive:
- until (incl.) 10 years 100%
- 11-14 years 70%
- from 15 years 30%
- All persons in the Single room, shower/wc, HB receive the following reduction:
- until (incl.) 5 years 40%
- 6-18 years 20%
The exact amount of the reduction will be shown after an offer has been prepared (click on desired price).
The percentage of the reduction applies to the entire basic per person price including the accommodation and lift pass price.
Babies, less that 24 months of age at the time of travel, generally travel for free, but need to be listed on the booking confirmation.
How does one best travel to Austria? Airports include Salzburg, Innsbruck, Klagenfurt, and Linz. Depending on your destination, Munich or Friedrichshafen (in Germany) or Zurich (in Switzerland) are also good options. In Austria, you will rarely find a train station in the resort. The distances from the different train stations and airports to the resorts are shown above the map. Those travelling by car will find a link to a route planner in the lower lefthand corner of the map. Simply enter your origin location and a route will be calculated for you. Please note, that it is wise to be informed about the closure of mountain passes during the winter months! Please also take into consideration that your car is required to be equipped for winter conditions, and that you will need snow chains with you.
- By train: Mallnitz (in resort)
- By plane: Klagenfurt (approx. 120 km), Salzburg (approx. 180 km), Innsbruck (approx. 230 km)
Holiday Hotel Alber Alpenhotel
145 Number of reviews:
91 % Recommendation rate:
Information about the ski area
|Highest point:||2,636 m|
|Lowest point:||1,267 m|
|Altitude ski resort:||1,200 m|
|Lifts in total:||6|
|Pistes in total:||12.5 km|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the perfect holiday? If you have a date in mind for your ski holiday, use the search engine Search & Book. This will allow you to search for holidays by specifying the destination you wish to visit and the number of people in your group. Alternatively you have the opportunity to search using our Holiday Categories or Last Minute Deals. If you are rather looking for a week's party and fun on the piste for next to nothing, then you might be interested in our Events.
- What types of accommodation are there and how do they differentiate? A detailed overview of our accommodations can be found here
- How can I book a holiday? Online Booking: After choosing your accommodation and room category, you'll be guided through the booking process.
Telephone Booking: Just give us a call. For making the booking, please have the names and dates of birth of all travellers available.
- Is the lift pass included? Generally the lift pass is already included in the holiday price. Further information regarding this can be found here.
All information regarding booking amendments can be found under the point "I've already booked. Can I still book additional services?".
- Is it beneficial to book ski/snowboard equipment or lessons in advance?